1.3
Additional Fees

I've lived in 4 countries and 7 states, my electric bill has NEVER been over $180. I am single, live alone, and work 12 hours a day for 4-5 days.

Then I work 8 hours at another job, both Friday and Saturday nights. My thermostat is smart controlled and optimizes savings during the hours I sleep. After running an energy conservation audit, there are no excessive electronics running or anything with a short causing the high bill rate. My bills are as follows: Sept $85.00 Oct $78.00 Nov $248.49 Dec $387.82 Jan $397.49 I contacted Greystone and it took them over 2 months to respond.

WHICH, they simply suggest it was probably my HVAC (AC unit) and I should schedule an energy audit with them (trying to get more money obviously). They said the meter was not broken and correctly read. I highly doubt it. During the month of January, the coldest month thus far in Georgia, I was away for 8 days training for a new job.

My AC/ heat was off, water off, and nothing was being used (except the refrigerator and microwave clock). ^^I got my bill and it was STILL higher than December. How is it possible that the entire week I was gone it shows I used MORE than the previous week I was home??!! Greystone is the ONLY service in my area and they know it.

My neighbors have the same complaints and no one has gotten a resolution. How is it possible my neighbor has 2 kids and a wife, but their bill was $7 LESS THAN MINE?!

Review about: Greystone Power Residential Electricity Supply.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

413 dollars in January , 185 in february, 325 for March and now die April, I always have my thermostats off...this place is America gone wrong

Numbers don't lie.

But meters are not always accurate, either.

When was the last time the meter was replaced ?

I don't like the graduated fee schedule that appears on your bill.

Pass that 500 KwH mark and look out.

Perhaps some smarty has your line tapped ; I once lived in an 8-plex where the other apartments' main power cables ran through my basement ceiling ; very easy to tap in 7 places without electrocuting myself ; I didn't do it because it was harder to cover up than to execute ... If your neighbors are quizzical as well, form a tribe and go after the power company's scalp ; there may well be an error somewhere.

I, too, am sick of rapidly escalating electric bills ; electricity used to be the best deal on the market.

We have two competing companies each one literally servicing one side of the road. It looks funny when AEP homes are lit and First Energy homes are dark.